In this 2:30Hrs instructor lead codelab/hands-on session, you'll learn how to use the Android Studio Layout Editor with Constraint Layout - a new type of layout available in the Android Support repository for building flexible & efficient layouts. The Layout Editor uses constraints to determine the position of a UI element within the layout.
What you'll learn:
- Automatically constraining UI elements to the layout.
- Placing and resizing elements in the layout.
- Adding constraints to position and align elements to other elements.
- Adjusting an element's layout dimensions and margins.
- Inferring constraints for a layout automatically.
- Using barriers to align elements that dynamically vary in size.
- Using chains to position multiple elements.
- Laptop with Android Studio
- Suitable for programmer with some experience in building Android App
- General understanding of Android App Life Cycle
Mr Saurabh Arora, Senior Android Engineer @ Viki, Inc and loves to play around and expirement with new Android related tools and frameworks. Viki is a global TV site where millions of people discover, watch and subtitle global primetime shows and movies in more than 200 languages. It's Android app had been nominated for Google Play Awards, been an Android Excellence awardee, part of the editor's choice and launch partners for Android Go and Instant Apps.
GDG-SG is proud to host this event in partnership with Found.us
Join in, get tickets ($5) now!