In this 2 hour workshop, we’ll learn more about the concepts behind chatbots, the progress that technology has made on machine-learning, and more concretely, how you’ll be able to create & design your own chatbots using Google’s API.AI agent platform and Cloud Functions for implementing the business logic required by your bot.
- Intro and welcome (10 minutes)
- The concepts behind chatbots (15 minutes)
- Discovery of the API.AI conversational interface platform (15 minutes)
- Introduction to Cloud Functions (10 minutes)
- Hands-on: let’s build our own chatbot with API.AI and its logic in Cloud Functions (1 hour)
- Wrapup (10 minutes)
- A laptop that you should bring; charged.
- Node.JS 6.9+ installed from nodejs.org download page
Guillaume LaForge, Developer Advocate, Google France
Guillaume is a Developer Advocate for Google Cloud Platform, covering the Compute options (App Engine, Cloud Functions…), Machine Learning APIs, or the Google Assistant. At night, Guillaume wears his Apache foundation member hat where he’s the chair of the project management committee of the Apache Groovy programming language project.
GDG-Singapore is proud to host this event in partnership with Level 3.